01 May 2015

Our highlights

Check out some of our highlights from this week.


Hockey
We have been lucky enough to have two sessions with Craig and Scott from Nelson Hockey.  We played fun games like Tunnel Ball, Robbers and Dribblers and Hockey Seaweed.

Measurement Maths
We carried on learning all about measurement this week focusing on weight.  We had lots of fun carrying out lots of weight related tasks. Here we are measuring out buckets of sand.




Writing
This week we have been learning to use descriptive language so we 'Show not Tell'.  Sally had us join in the Flying Carpet Trust Challenge.

Charlie's description
I lay still on the ground.  They grabbed me on '3, 2, 1 lift'.  "Oh no, I'm going up already'.  I scrunched my eyes and crossed my arms.  I felt like I was flying.  "3,2,1 lift, I felt like I was above the clouds now." "3,2,1, drop, bang!" I fell on the ground.  Wow, that was fun!


Ellen's description
I lay still on the ground.  My face was red and I was sweating like mad.  I thought to myself "I hope they don't drop me."  I was relaxed like a bear in a river.  I had a little smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR LEAVING A COMMENT ON OUR BLOG!!

All comments are moderated by our teacher before being published online.

Please write your comment and then choose from the drop down menu 'Anonymous'. Please remember to write your first name at the end of your message. It is against our blogging responsibilities to include last names, so we ask that you abide by this please.

We'd also love to know where in the world you come from if you are a new visitor.

THANKS, FROM ROOM 5 & Sally :)